Thomas Frost, Esq.
Mr. Frost is the founder and managing partner of our Firm. With over 20 years of experience as a trial lawyer and sophisticated negotiator, Mr. Frost has focused his practice on the areas of complex business, corporate and securities law. He has represented a broad range of clients, including publicly traded companies, manufacturing firms, retailers, real estate development companies,recording studios, captive and independent insurance agencies, hedge funds, mutual funds, registered representatives, and investors, in Federal and State Courts, arbitration forums, and administrative agencies across the country. Mr. Frost frequently and successfully represents investors and brokers in arbitrations before FINRA (formerly the NASD), often the exclusive forum for disputes involving the financial services industry.
Mr. Frost has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients in various forums, including:
- Award after trial of $5,475,290.00 against Hispanic Television Network, Inc., et al.
- Award after trial of $1,800,000.00 against LPL Financial Corporation and its registered representative
- Structured settlement in excess of $8,000,000 in a Federal Court action against a national broker-dealer
- Structured settlement worth in excess of $2,000,000 in a California State Court action arising out of derivative shareholder lawsuit.
Mr. Frost’s trial experience, on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, includes breach of contract, real estate disputes, employment disputes, unfair competition, non-compete and restrictive covenant cases, violations of State and Federal Securities Statutes, corporate governance and malfeasance, insurance coverage, and intellectual property disputes including copyright and trademark infringement. Mr. Frost also has extensive experience litigating high stakes corporate dissolutions and business separations.
- State Bar of CaliforniaM.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
- J.D. – 1996
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. – 1992
- Givemepower Corp. v. Pace Compumetrics, Inc. 2007 WL 2345027 (S.D.Cal., 2007)
- Realtime Data, LLC v. MetroPCS Texas, LLC 2012 WL 1905080 (S.D.Cal., 2012)
- Genton, et al. v. Vestin Realty Mortg. II, Inc., et al. 2007 WL 951838 (S.D.Cal., 2007)
- Uehigashi v. Kanamori 161 F.Supp.2d 221 (S.D.N.Y., 2001)
- Midas Fund Limited Class A, LLC, et al. v. American Independent Network, Inc., et al. AAA International Case No. (50 T 168 004861)
- Ronald W. May, et al. v. LPL Financial, et al. (FINRA Case No. 07-02717)
- Alpine Associates, LP, v. Gulledge, et al., (Arizona District Court Case No. CIV000476-PHX-SMM)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America